[python-win32] DDE Timeouts

Robert Hogan robert.d.hogan at aib.ie
Tue Sep 28 10:35:57 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I'm using Python's DDE with IBM OnDemand. As you can imagine queries often
take a little while to return, so pythonwin's DDE hardcoded timeout of 5
seconds in stddde.cpp is just not enough. At the moment I'm using 'try:
except:' to work around it but I would prefer to increase the timeout. I
don't have MSVC at work or home so I can't rebuild myself. Does anyone have
a build where the timeout is say > 50 secs?

Also, why is the timeout so low in the default build?

Thanks,
Robert

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by
 the addressee unless otherwise indicated.

This email has been scanned by an external Email Security System.

Allied Irish Banks