[python-win32] MSWord: Server Busy

Bill Papadopoulos b_papadopoulos at iris.gr
Thu Sep 30 10:32:50 CEST 2004

>>Hi !

>>"server busy"  c'est souvent du au temps de lancement de ms-word
>> "server busy"  it's often because ms-word is slow to begin to run.
>>Ajoute/Add   "time.sleep(5)"
>>Michel Claveau

Hello Michael and thank your for responding,

This is what I do before I get the "Server Busy" message:

#Setting TopMargin
wordApp.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.TopMargin = 5

where wordApp is my Dispatch object.

I 've already tried time.sleep() after setting the Margin which resulted
to a "server busy" message and then the script "slept".

Also, I tried time.sleep() before setting the Margin which resulted
to make the script wait and then to get the "server busy" message.

I need something like:

while waiting for margin to be set:
    time.sleep()

Any suggestions?