[python-win32] Trouble running profiler

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Apr 5 01:10:58 CEST 2005

I'm afraid I haven't recently used the profiler with win32com.  I have
recently used hotshot (which works quite well), but not with
"win32com.client.dynamic" objects.  I've no idea where that error is coming
from.

I'm not sure of the real issue, but I do note that the problem occurs when
building "dynamic" information for the object.  Try running makepy first -
this could be as simple as using win32com.client.gencache.EnsureDispatch()
instead of a simple Dispatch.  That should avoid the failing code (and
hopefully not just find something else that fails).

Mark.