[python-win32] Using SendMessage to send an accelerator key combination

Tim Black tim at alwaysreformed.com
Tue Apr 12 12:23:29 CEST 2005

I'm trying to automate a GUI from Python.  I've been using AutoHotKey
but now in the interest of speeding things up and simplifying my app's
structure I am porting my app to use winGuiAuto (which is a great help!)
and the Python win32 extensions.

I've read the thread on this list titled "Help on using
win32api.SendMessage to send keystrokes," some of the PyWin32
documentation, and some of the MSDN docs on SendMessage, but am still
unclear about how to construct a message to send simple accelerator key
combinations to a window, such as the following:

CONTROL+s
SHIFT+END

Could anyone point me to the right documentation to understand what
characters to include in the "message" argument of the
win32gui.SendMessage() call to send either of these two accelerator key
combinations?  I just need a good example to get me going.

Thanks in advance!

Tim Black