[python-win32] Using licensed ActiveX control withwin32ui.CreateControl()

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Apr 13 13:41:39 CEST 2005

> I'm not sure, but when I understand this right, the MFC method
> CreateControl() wants a BSTR here and I read somewhere that T2OLE
> does not return a BSTR. Can this be the problem here? Should there
> be used T2BSTR instead? Is this a bug in win32ui?

T2OLE will convert a Python ascii string to a wide string - that should be
fine.

> Has anybody ever used the license key string parameter of the
CreateControl()
> method in Python and can tell my how to pass the license key string
correctly?

I have many moons ago.  I believe you pass the license string in a standard
"GUID" format - eg, "{5F584028-15BF-4dcf-AEB2-5FDC9B0C0AA5}" (which is just
one guidgen just gave me).  Does your license string make itself available
in that format?  I may well be wrong though...

Mark