[python-win32] py2exe, COM servers on machine without py2exe

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Apr 26 08:35:37 CEST 2005

> powerpoint = Target(
>     description = "Python Remote PowerPoint Server",
>     ## Build source file.  For COM servers, the module name (not the
>     ## filename) must be specified!
>     modules = ["PowerPointUI"],
>     create_exe = False,
>     )

Try adding dest_base="ppui" to those params.  That should create a
"ppui.dll".  I'm guessing that maybe the py2exe created PowerPointUI.dll is
satisfying an "import PowerPointUI" done by Python, but failing.

Also, have a look at py2exe/boot_com_servers.py - by enabling the "if 0:"
block, you should be able to see the error written to c:\comerror.txt.

Mark