[python-win32] Binary data in ASP

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Apr 26 13:00:55 CEST 2005

> Hello,
> I am trying to get an ASP script to download a file. The file
> arrives at the
> correct size but is corrupted, what am I missing?
> If I run the get_file function directly at the command prompt
> and save the
> resulting data it is fine, so there must be something wrong
> with the way I send
> the data from the browser?

I can't recall hearing of anything similar. It would be great to know in
what way the data is corrupted - you should be able to test that by
hard-coding a string in your ASP page, and comparing this string with the
data actually received by the client.  Good characters to have in this
literal test data include \0, \n and \r.

Mark