[python-win32] Getting new thread's ID (not handle)

Justin Johnson justinjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 21:35:25 CEST 2005

MSDN says PostThreadMessage takes the thread ID as a parameter. From reading
the doc I see that handle and ID are different and that both should be
returned when creating a new thread with CreateThread. I am creating a new
thread with the threading module and do not see a way to get the ID back. I
searched the source to see if CreateThread is being called and didn't find
anything. Does anyone know how to get a thread's ID if the thread was
created with threading.Thread?
 Thanks.
Justin