[python-win32] win32 meta-topic

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 09:27:38 CET 2005

[John Machin]

[... snip intentions of python-win32 list ...]

> Thanks, Tim. Maxima mea culpa. I'll pull my head in :-)

> Does anyone have any suggestions on what advice to give (a) people who

> post from work via e-mail, engendering enormous disclaimers (b)
possibly
> over-sensitive folk who are annoyed by (a)?

Well, my feelings more-or-less mirror those of Thomas H
elsewhere on this thread. Ignore them, trim them out
when replying, sigh a little or laugh at their absurdity,
and then get on with whatever the post was really about.

Occasionally, people post on c.l.py to say that
any company who sends out such disclaimers (*)
needs its head examining. Fine, but there's just
no real incentive for most companies to change
their position.

(*) or which doesn't support open-source software, or
which uses Microsoft products, or which doesn't allow
usenet access through the company firewall, or which...

TJG