[python-win32] Changing desktop color

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 12:36:08 CET 2005

[Chris Stromberger]
| How can I change the desktop color?  I want to set it to black.  Can
| be just for the current session.

Couple of options, neither from experience, just
general knowledge. So YMM definitely V.

1) Investigate the SystemParametersInfo win32 function. That does
   quite a few things to do with the desktop, although not obviously
   the background colour. (There are things to do with wallpaper
   and so on).

2) Get the desktop window's window handle using GetDesktopWindow
   or its device context with GetDC (0) and do something with that.

TJG