[python-win32] Re: StartDoc failed

Luc Saffre luc.saffre at gmx.net
Tue Feb 22 05:43:34 CET 2005

On 22.02.2005 01:14, Roger Upole wrote:
> You should be able to use win32print.GetPrinter to check
> the state.  Either the status or the attributes (or both) should
> change when it's not available. (Atributes are element 13
> of the returned tuple, Status is element 18)

Roger, thanks for the hint. I saw that GetPrinter() needs a handle,
which I can find out -as I suppose- using EnumPrinters().

Unfortunately, EnumPrinters(PRINTER_ENUM_DEFAULT) seems to not work. It
always raises:

   pywintypes.error: (0, 'EnumPrinters', 'No error message is available')

even if the default printer is defined and ready.

I'd guess that EnumPrinters() does not forward PRINTER_ENUM_DEFAULT
correctly, because for example EnumPrinters(PRINTER_ENUM_LOCAL) works well.

Tja...
Luc