[python-win32] Editor Replace function limitation

Robert Adams radams at nassco.com
Thu Jun 9 00:50:14 CEST 2005

Thanks for both your input on this.

I can recreate the problem as follows:

Create a script file with the following,
123456789012345678901234567890123456789.
Cut/paste into the "Find What" window, I then only get
12345678901234567890123456, that is 26 characters not 30, so I obviously can
not count either.
Enter var_x, including a space after x into the "Replace with" window, then
hit replace.

And I end up with var_x 7890123456789

Also, if I keep typing my window does not scroll as you describe.

I am running the following, Python 2.3.3, wxPython 2.4.2.4, PythonWin 2.3.3
win32all build 163, and FYI, I am forced to run this version in support of
CAD system.

Regards,
Robert