[python-win32] Problem using MSComm

Dave Nation dave at excelsiorsystems.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 19:53:00 CEST 2005

Hello,

I hope you can help me.

I have a need to use the Microsoft MSComm control, and have written a
program to do and it works fine on my PC.

However, when I run this program on my target system it fails 'Class not
Licensed for Use' when I try to Dispatch('MSCOMMLib.MSComm').

On my PC I have Visual Basic installed and so have access to the OCX.

I've packaged a simple VB program that uses this control, and installed
it on the target machine. The VB program works fine.

Any thoughts you may have on how I can get the program to work on my
target machine would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave