[python-win32] The VARIANT type is not supported for SAFEARRAYS

Gijs Korremans gijs at globaltrack.com
Tue Jun 21 09:21:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

From a COM object (written in c++) I receive a struct:
unsigned shord (2 bytes)
BYTE (6 bytes)
BYTE (512 bytes)

I can use the first two in python, but when I try to acces the last on with python( i.e. test = struct.longbyte), Python stops doing anything and when I debug the code in boa constructor i get the message "The debugger process stopped prematurely."

I asked the guy who made the COM object to change the last varibale of the struc to a string, but now the message shown is " The VARIANT type is not supported for SAFEARRAYS"

Does anyone knows what's wrong?

Kind regards,

Gijs

dangerous content by Network Sentry, and is
believed to be clean.
http://www.networksentry.co.za