[python-win32] LsaLookupNames2

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at xerox.com
Thu Jun 30 17:36:26 CEST 2005

Thomas,

	Figured out a relatively simple way to deal with this TypeLib
issue
	regarding Win XP & Win 2000....

	1) I created a py2exe "bundle" on a Windows 2000 system...
	2) Since the Typelib issue was specific to win32com, I
		removed all NON win32com files from the 2000 created
		library.zip file.  And renamed the zip to
"Win2000_specific.zip".

	3) I added the following code the absolute start of the
		application.

		import  sys
		windows_version = sys.getwindowsversion()
		if windows_version[0] ==5 and windows_version[1] <> 1:
		#    print "Windows 2000"
		#    print "before: ",sys.path
		    sys.path.insert (0, "win2000_specific.zip")
		else:
		    pass    # Windows XP

	The idea is that the zip file contains only Windows 2000
specific
	files, and since it is now at the absolute beginning of the
	sys.path the "Windows 2000 specific patches" will be found in
the
	namespace before the "Win XP" library.

	But anything that is in common will eventually reach the
standard
	library.zip....

	The only drawback is the need to have a 2000 system to compile
the
	win32com typelibs...

		- Benjamin