[python-win32] Setting environment variables in windows from Python Programs

Nalli Dinesh nalli.dinesh at gmail.com
Tue May 10 01:23:08 CEST 2005

Folks,
This seems very easy, as every programming language provides this. But
I don;t  know why I have this not working for me in Python scripts.
The problem:
I am trying to create and set environment variable LANG under windows
from Python file. I am using OS module's putenv or environ to do so.
But it is not really creating the environment variable or neither set
the same from the code.
This seems to be a easy fix, if anyone has a reason and fix for this
problem, please shoot it back to me. I am using python2.4

Thanks
Dinesh