[python-win32] win32all-155/genpy/universal incompatibility

Greg Lee glee at pharsight.com
Tue May 10 02:23:17 CEST 2005

It appears that win32com/client/genpy.py and win32com/universal.py in win32all-155 are incompatible:
genpy.py/VTableItem.WriteVTableMap writes vtable entries as six-tuples but
universal.py/Method.__init__ unpacks them as three-tuples.  This manifests itself as an unpack error in win32com.universal.RegisterInterfaces.

Is my diagnosis correct?  And what is the minimal upgrade that would eliminate this error?

We're using Python 2.3, win32all-155, py2exe-0.4.2, and PyXML-0.8.3.  I'm aware that these are 18-month-old versions, but they've been quite stable.

This incompatibility appears to have vanished sometime before pywin32-203, which I'm using with an experimental Python 2.4 system.

Thanks

Greg Lee / Pharsight Corporation / Suite 200
800 W El Camino / Mountain View CA 94040
voice: 650-314-3860 / fax: 650-314-3810

This email message (including any attachments)
is for the sole use of the intended recipient
and may contain confidential  and proprietary
information.  Any disclosure or distribution
to third parties that is not specifically
authorized by the sender is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply
email and destroy all copies of the original
message.  Thank you.