[python-win32] async COM calls from python

washort@divmod.com washort at divmod.com
Sat May 21 21:51:01 CEST 2005

I'm trying to integrate a Python event loop (specifically, Twisted's reactor) into a COM in-process server. I've discovered CoWaitForMultipleHandles and it seems like it might be part of such a solution. Also, I notice that ICallFactory::CreateCall allows for calling a COM method and not waiting for it to return, which it seems like I'd need (since I want my other COM methods to be callable while my event loop runs). However, it seems like i need to create a new interface to do this, since CreateCall doesn't work with IDispatch. Is it even possible to create a new COM interface from python? If not, how much C++ am I going to have to write? Is there a better way to do event loop integration with COM?