[python-win32] Windows drag and drop functionality

Nisarg Kothari LeegleechN at charter.net
Wed May 25 05:07:22 CEST 2005

I need a way to drag and drop file[names] from windows into some Python
based gui. The only thing I found remotely close to what I'm looking for
is Tkdnd.py, but that only works within the program. I need support for
dragging from the windows desktop or explorer window. As I have not yet
begun making the GUI, I'm open to any kind of solution. If it is
necessary I can use a compiled snippet of some other language (Java?) to
call my python, either in script or executable form (via py2exe). This
is a windows only project so cross-platform support is not necessary.
Any suggestions?