[python-win32] Application exception in Python.dll

Tom_RobbinsMilne@swissre.com Tom_RobbinsMilne at swissre.com
Wed Nov 23 18:14:51 CET 2005

Hi,

I have a series of python programs that communicate over sockets.
The server is using asyncore, the clients just the bare socket library.
The system is just storing strings of XML associated with a particular
name, kinda like a poor man's file system.

The trouble is that it mostly runs fine, but every once in a while (lots
of activity each day, but trouble once every week or so) one of the
applications dies mysteriously. Is there anyway to track down the trouble?
Would a different version of python be better? These processes are
launched and then run until they die. I'm thinking of bouncing them
nightly, but would prefer to find the trouble and fix it.  Advice very
much appreciated.

The error I'm getting is:
 Event viewer:
Faulting application python.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
python24.dll, version 2.4.150.1012, fault address 0x000t2f60
Doctor Watson:
                The application, C:\Python24\python.exe, generated an
application error.
                The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1E07EF60
(python24!PyObject_GetAttr).

BTW, I did post a query awhile ago about launching excel as part of this
system, which would respond to a remote query. I have that working, but
we're not in production yet so I thought I'd hold off on letting y'all
know that it worked until it actually got used in anger.

Thanks,
Tom

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender