[python-win32] Translating MS-Word documents

Øyvind python at kapitalisten.no
Tue Oct 11 11:32:53 CEST 2005

Hello.

I need to translate several Word-documents. I have a list with
approximately 5000 words and its translation, and would like to read thru
a Word-document, look for the words in the list and replace them. However,
I need to keep the current formating of the Word-documents. (Using Word
2003 and XP).

What is the best way of doing this as fast and efficient as possible?

1) Search and replace for each word directly in Word

2) Exctract the text, run it thru regex and thereafter do a search and
replace in Word.

3) Some other way?

(The only language I know is Python, so writing some C++ stuff that can do
it a lot faster is not an option).

Thanks in advance.

--
This email has been scanned for viruses & spam by Decna as - www.decna.no