[python-win32] simulate DoEvents by python/wxpython

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Oct 27 19:48:47 CEST 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:10:07 -0400, "James Hu" <jhu at metrigenix.com> wrote:

>I  need to simulate DoEvents in VB by python/wxPython,
>
>My application needs to capture live image in a loop until one specific
>button pressed
>
>Multi-thread is also not very good solution, for there are big number of
>data to exchange between the two threads.

Threads all share the same address space.  There is no need to
"exchange" data at all.

A separate thread is almost certainly the right way to do what you ask.
You can use Python Queues to send messages between the threads, to
signal when an image is available, or to signal that a worker thread
should exit.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com