[python-win32] Using SOAPpy Within a Windows NT service

Amit Upadhyay upadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:38:06 CEST 2005

On 9/26/05, Paul Weimer <Paul.Weimer at harlandfs.com> wrote:

> I have a web service written in SOAPpy that is working fine; it is
> currently run from a batch file as a scheduled task on a WIndows server. My
> support folks would like it to be run as an NT service. I have been able to
> write NT service in Python before but I'm not having much luck interupting
> the SOAP server when it's waiting for reaquests. Any ideas?

Are you using SOAPpy.Server.SOAPServer or SOAPpy.Server.ThreadingSOAPServer?
If former, you can follow the recepie
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/425210 and subclass
SOAPpy.Server.SOAPServer to give you a quit() method. You can also take some
hints from http://nerdierthanthou.nfshost.com/soap.txt [some description
here <http://nerdierthanthou.nfshost.com/2005/09/soaped-django.html>], and
bypass SOAPpy's servers and use it as a marshaller only, using
StoppableHTTPServer
from recipe.

--
Amit Upadhyay