[python-win32] Getting tired with py2exe

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Sep 30 09:25:54 CEST 2005

fred dixon wrote:
> Garth Johnson <growlf <at> biocede.com> writes:
>

>>Steve Holden wrote:
>>

>>>Ignoring all the philosophical questions I'd like to thank you for all
>>>your hard work on py2exe over the years, which has benefited the Windows
>>>Python community immeasurably.
>>>
>>>regards
>>> Steve
>>>

>>here here!  I have just begun my trek into Python and am already relying
>>upon Py2Exe for my projects.  Thank you for an effective, well designed
>>tool that is easy to use.  It was one of the final deciding factors in
>>our company's choice of languages.  (not the least of which was the ease
>>of which our dev team took to Python after pretzling with perl).  I do
>>hope you change your mind.
>>
>>Garth
>>

> Garth pretty much summed up my feelings as well.
> I never would have started to learn python with out the option of py2exe,
>  now i love it and would HATE to have to go back to some lesser language. IMHO.
> so thank you as well

Well, it's all very well singing Thomas' praises, but what's really
needed here is someone who'll maintain the code base! I would urge the
hordes of py2exe users to consider if they couldn't give up a little
time to keep the software in shape now Thomas no longer has the time.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119