[python-win32] py2exe & transparent icons

Metz, Bobby W, WCS bwmetz at att.com
Tue Apr 18 18:49:30 CEST 2006

All,
	This may not be the right list for this, but I figured there's
bound to be some py2exe experts.  I'm distributing a Tkinter program
using py2exe.  The program uses a .ico file to change the default Tk
icon.  The .ico has a transparent background and looks fine when run as
script.  When .exe produced by py2exe is run, the transparent areas are
now black.  I've searched for a knob that might be controlling this but
can't find it.  I'm currently guessing it's some internal limitation of
py2exe that can't display transparent graphics.  Any pointers would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bobby