[python-win32] System wide text selection

Mark Mc Mahon mark.m.mcmahon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 19:23:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

You might want to look into pyHook (google for it - I don't have a
link right now).

Another option that might be much easier is to setup a global hotkey,
where the user selects the word, and clicks the hotkey (and you pop up
a window at that point with the translation(s).  You could probably
use WM_COPY to get teh text into teh clipboard and then get it from
there using your app (though it would be good manners to save teh
existing data first :-) ).

Mark