[python-win32] Problem with multiple calls of a DLL

Ola Rylow Ola.Rylow at hiq.se
Tue Dec 12 09:17:15 CET 2006

Hi,

I know this is not exactly a new question on this list but I have not been able to solve my problems by reading old threads.

I have a dll (MyDLL) from which I want to call some methods. I've tried using Ctypes:

print windll.MyDLL.FirstMethod()

print windll.MyDLL.SecondMethod()

If I run this, SecondMethod fails, but if I switch order FirstMethod will fail instead (since it is the second called...).
The same dll can be used without problems in C++ code.
So my questions are:

1. Does Ctypes have any "FreeLibrary" function?

2. Have you got any suggestions on alternative ways to call a dll (assuming you haven't got the source code to the dll)?

Regards

Ola