[python-win32] USB Power Off from Python

Sajjad Hussain shussai2 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 20:17:17 CET 2006

Hi,

I am using a USB port to power my USB device that
takes 5V DC power. My device works fine and is powered
on properly. I am using small script written in python
to open a port (I am using a serial to usb adapter
since my device has a serial connector on it), and
send some data.

Now I just want to turn off my device. Basically
cutoff 5V usb power to my device. That means turn off
power to a particular usb port where my device is
connected to. And later say after 5 minutes I want to
turn the power back on. I am using Windows XP. Please
let me know how I can do that.

Regards,

Sajjad