[python-win32] Pywin32 way of getting to open files

Reed L. O'Brien reed at intersiege.com
Wed Feb 22 02:29:05 CET 2006

Hello:

I am looking to check for open files in shared folders; and close them.

I would do this manually by right clicking on my computer and selecting
manage then opening shared folders and open files...

This appears to be part of the compmgmt.msc smapin to MMC.

Any hints on where i should be looking in win32 modules to hook into
this area? Google is hiding it from me and the docs I am finding aren't
the right ones albeit interesting and time consuming.

Thanks,
~reed

P.S.- Thanks to Mark and all other contributors for such a great set of
modules-er extensions. Really exemplary work.

--
4.6692916090
'cmVlZEBpbnRlcnNpZWdlLmNvbQ==\n'.decode('base64')