[python-win32] How to unload ShellExtension?

aurora aurora00 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:27:48 CET 2006

I have previously asked about how to reload a ShellExtension during
development. There a a few good suggestions like killnig the explorer
process. Now I run into a bigger issue. When I uninstall (using
innosetup), the process is still loaded and it lock up scores of DLLs.
Killing explorer is probably too heavy handed for end users. So let me try
one more time, is there anyway to positively tell explorer to unload a COM
server?

Thanks,

wy