[python-win32] starnge error at startup

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jul 20 17:20:41 CEST 2006

I get the following error when starting pythonwin on a particular script. I
would like to be able to debug the script, but pythonwin won't seem to open it.
  Has anyone any idea what could cause this?  I assume it must be something to
do with the way the script is laid out or some obscure syntax I'm using.

File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\intpyapp.py", line
171, in InitInstance
     import interact
   File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\interact.py",
line 21, in ?
     import pywin.scintilla.IDLEenvironment
   File
"C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\IDLEenvironment.py", line
54, in ?
     GetIDLEModule("AutoIndent").IndentSearcher.readline = fast_readline
   File
"C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\IDLEenvironment.py", line
24, in GetIDLEModule
     __import__(modname)
   File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\idle\AutoIndent.py", line
503, in ?
     import tokenize
   File "C:\Python\lib\tokenize.py", line 38, in ?
     COMMENT = N_TOKENS
exceptions.NameError: name 'N_TOKENS' is not defined
--
Robin Becker