[python-win32] Python help for Access database

Ahmed, Shakir shahmed at sfwmd.gov
Mon Jul 31 20:42:09 CEST 2006

HI All,

I need help for inserting recods into the access database using python
script through ODBC. I can insert data without any problem if I hard
coded the run_Date field. But I need run_Date field should be mytime. I
really appreciate if anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Shakir

The script is as follows:

#mdbupdate.py

import sys
import os
import os.path
import win32com.client
import time
import sys, string,
import odbc

mytime = time.strftime('%m/%d/%Y')
mytimeYMD = time.strftime('%Y%m%d')
conn = odbc.odbc("test1_Data")
cursor = conn.cursor()

# data type in mdb is as follows: application -> Text, Run_Date ->
# Date, Run_dateYMD -> number, status -> Script

cursor.execute("INSERT INTO local_cmgenadm
(Application,Run_Date,Run_DateYMD,status) values
(\'rimDev2PrdMdbDistrictPermit\',\'%s\', \'20060731\' ,
\'Good\')")%mytime

cursor.close()

conn.close()