[python-win32] driving MS Access from python

Phill Atwood me at phillatwood.name
Tue Mar 14 02:13:04 CET 2006

>     while not rs.EOF:
>         print rs.Fields("FieldName1")
>         rs.MoveNext()

This isn't working for me either.  Same error about

error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, 'ADODB.Recordset',
'Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.',
'C:\\WINDOWS\\HELP\\ADO270.CHM', 1240653, -2146824584), None)

the object being closed.  I'm not sure why it thinks that.  If I print
rs it describes an instance etc.  and my result value from (rs, result)
is 35 which is exactly the number of records updated by the query.
Could it have something to do with the fact that the query updates
another table?  Do I need to look at that table?  Is that why rs is
empty or closed.  Bizarre.

Phill