[python-win32] curses and _curses

Dean Allen Provins dprovins at tridentexploration.ca
Tue May 2 16:44:11 CEST 2006

Roger Upole wrote:
> Bill Burns wrote:

>>>http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/curses/
>>>
>>>"Nobody has made a Windows port" or words to that effect ...
>>
>>Actually, I just found this.... but I've never tried it
>>
>>http://adamv.com/dev/python/curses/
>>
>>but I believe John is partial right ;-), in the sense that, the Standard
>>Python distribution doesn't supply curses for Windows.
>>
>>So you have *not* found an "error of omission".
>>
>>Google "Windows _curses" on comp.lang.python for more info and other
>>possibilities.
>>
>>Bill
>

> Newer versions of Pywin32 come with a win32console module that
> allows you to create and interact with console windows.
>
>           Roger

John. Bill and Roger:

Thanks for your responses.

Fortunately, I don't need anything from the curses library except the
"isspace" function in "curses.ascii".  Since the module "_curses" isn't
available in the WIN version, I've decided to copy the "ascii.py" module
over to my collection of codes and transfer it to Windows, rather than
try to import a surgically-altered version of the curses module
(described above).  This should simplify the installation on other WIN
machines.

This leaves printing under windows to be resolved, and the project will
be done.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Dean

Confidentiality Notice:  The information transmitted herein may
contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material which
belongs to Trident Exploration Corp. and its affiliates and is
intended only for the addressee(s).  Any unauthorized review,
distribution or other use or the taking of any action in reliance
upon this information is prohibited.  If you received this email in
error, please contact the sender or call (403) 770-1765 and delete
this email and any copies.