[python-win32] How to get mails from Exchange Server

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Dec 27 19:03:04 CET 2007

Antony Joseph wrote:

> I can read my mails  locally from my outlook,
> I want to read my mail directly from Exchange server , How can i do that?
> Any Help/link will be usefull to me .

Depending on how it is configured, your Exchange server might support
POP3 or IMAP, just like a Real Mail Server.  Those are easy to support
in Python.

If that doesn't work, then there are several other options available to
you.  Microsoft supplies an OLE DB driver for Exchange, so that you can
access it just like a database server, using ADODB.  Here are a couple
of examples in VBScript:

ADODB is pretty easy to use from Python.  There are good samples on the web.

If you don't like that, then you'll have to go fetch the Exchange Server
SDK, but be prepared to invest some serious time.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com