[python-win32] PyTime

Francesco Guerrieri f.guerrieri at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:29:47 CEST 2007

hello,
I have another newbie question. I have googled around but didn't find an
answer.

I have an Excel file with many dates beyond 2038, which arrive to me as a
list of PyTime objects. From the doc I have found (
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.4/pywin32/PyTime.html )
it appears that an int conversion is needed to handle them. There is even a
reference to an __int__ method which I cannot use

>>> import pywintypes
>>> testTime = pywintypes.Time
>>> testTime.__int__
Traceback (most recent call last):
AttributeError: 'builtin_function_or_method' object has no attribute
'__int__'

In any case, int is not enough to go beyond 2038. Since I only need the day,
month and year, and surely not the seconds :-) I would be more than happy to
use some date object. I still haven't found how to initialize them with my
pytime objects... can you tell me where to look for?

thanks in advance,
Francesco