[python-win32] Word Document manipulation (newbie)

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri May 18 10:23:22 CEST 2007

jhawk at innovativerobotics.com wrote:
> I am trying to manipulate a word doc and realize that there are modules available
> but to date have been unable to get my paws on them.  I have installed
 > python 2.4.4 with pywin32-210.win32-py2.4. I have bought
Mark Hammonds
> book which references such modules wdclass.py and the use of easyword.
 > Could some one point a newbie in the right direction.
 > It would be much appreciated.  Thanks

I'm not aware of any publicly-available modules to ease
working with Word. It may be that the modules the book
refers to are available from the publisher's site as
downloads. It's probably not beyond the wit of man in
any case to roll one's own.

If you can't lay your hands on useful modules then perhaps
come back here with specific questions, and maybe someone
can help.

TJG