[python-win32] VS.NET2005; missing include/lib paths and libraries

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 09:31:34 CEST 2007

On 25/09/2007, Stephen Warren <s-t-python-win32 at wwwdotorg.org> wrote:

> I just grabbed the latest SVN head (trunk) of Python and attempted to
> build using VS .NET 2005 Express, and the sln/vcproj files in the
> PCbuild8 directory.
>
> I had a few problems building even the pythoncore and python targets.

I had a go at this once, and found the same type of issues. I believe
the PCBuild8 directory is targetted at (full) VS.NET 2005, not the
Express edition. A good place to start may therefore be the Express
edition documentation of how it differs from the full version.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to look further.

> Thanks for any information. If/when I find out the answer, I'll have a
> go at updating the PCbuild8/readme.txt with some extra tips for other
> people like myself!

That would be really useful. Now that MS have discontinued
distribution of the toolkit VC7 compiler, there's no free build
environment for MS Windows, which is a shame...

Paul.