[python-win32] FTP Task Schedule in Python

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 17:02:30 CEST 2008

On Windows (XP for example) Run the menu sequence: START -- All Programs --
Accessories -- System Tools -- Scheduled Tasks

Click the "Add Scheduled Task" icon.

A wizard will start. You will need to browse for the python script, .exe or
.bat file you want to run. If the python script requires command line
parameters, you will have to build a long command line starting with your
python executable (C:\Python25\python.exe C:\utils\myscript.py firstarg
secondarg) using the "advanced" checkbox.

The catch here is that there is no "stdout", so you get no console output to
see what your batch job did. I have cobbled together some code which
redirects stdout to a log file, then emails me the log. I also have one
which reads a .bat file and logs the result.  If there is interest, I could
clean it up and publish it.
--
Vernon Cole