[python-win32] Problem in reading MS Outlook mails.

Antony Joseph antonyjoseph89 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:09:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am having problems while i read the mails from Ms Outlook.

My code:

self.session = win32com.client.Dispatch("Mapi.Session")
self.session.Logon("Outlook")

Error:
          1.(-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', None, None).
          2.A MS  Outlook  pop up a message that:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
fulfill the messaging request.Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it
as the default mail client."

I detect the problem .I am using ThunderBird as my default mail client.

But i donot know how to slove this problem.how can i read the mails without
setting the MS Outlook as my default mail client.
please help me.how to fix this?

Regard
Antony