[python-win32] How to clear a "dead" icon from system tray?

Alec Bennett whatyoulookin at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 19:44:00 CEST 2008

> You're talking about a fairly serious design flaw here.

Agreed.

> What is preventing you from shutting down in an orderly way?

I'm controlling an onscreen keyboard through a Com interface and when I attempt to close it I get
a Com Server error telling me there are still connections to the Com object, am I sure I want to
close it? I found a method to show references to the Com object and it would always show 2
references, but I forgot what that code is so I can't repeat it.

Here's how I'm launching my Com object:

import win32com.client
kb = win32com.client.Dispatch("Kbd.mfSoftkeys")
kb.LoadKeyboard("keyboard_file.kbd")