[python-win32] Overlay Icon Question...

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:40:24 CEST 2008

Hi Roger,

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Roger Upole wrote:
> I've been meaning to look at how this works for some time,
> so I took a few minutes to cook up an example (attached).

Thank you very much for the sample! It is really enlighting. I have
however some difficulty to understand it (sorry for the dumb
questions):

1) How do you actually use the SIOI class? I tried to run the sample,
then creating various files here and there in my hard drive, but I
don't really know what IsMemberOf() is accepting as fname to make the
overlay. Is it the file name? The icon name? Something else?
2) Let's suppose that I want to assign an overlayed icon to a
particular file in a directory: let's say this file is called
"HELLO.DATA" and the directory contains also other files with the
.DATA extension. What should I do to assign the overlayed icon only to
this particular file?

Thank you very much for the sample, I am going to use some google-fu
to understand better how it works. And thanks for your suggestions.

Andrea.

http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/