[python-win32] Overlay Icon Question...

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Apr 15 13:00:45 CEST 2008

Roger Upole wrote:
> Sometimes I think I'm in an entirely different universe ;).

Hehe. If you don't mind my asking, where are you based?

> Also, you'll probably need to log off and log back on for changes to
> the class to take effect.

This is probably the biggest pain when it comes to developing / testing
shell extensions: you either have to employ various hacky things which
I've now forgotten (forcing explorer to launch in a new process each
time, or something). Or suffer the logoff-logon cycle, on a spare machine
if that's feasible!

Thanks v. much for the example, Roger. It's re-kickstarted my intention
to write up a series of pages on writing these things with Python. (Altho'
I still have to find the time to do that: at least the intention's there!)

TJG