[python-win32] SetSystemTime: A required privilege is not held by the client

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Apr 16 16:53:17 CEST 2008

Robert wrote:
> SetSystemTime on Vista admin account throws:
>
> (1314, 'SetSystemTime', 'A required privilege is not held by
> the client.')
>

> Not known from previous Windows versions.
> With what switch or whatever can this be enabled?

According to the docs:
(warning: URL will self-destruct in two months)

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724942(VS.85).aspx

this operation automatically enables the SE_SYSTEMTIME_NAME priv
which is disabled by default. But if your user doesn't *have* the
priv to start with, it won't be enabled and you'll get the error message
above.

I don't run Vista, but I assume it has some kind of user-management
user interface? Find whatever bit of that deals with privileges (*not* groups)
and add this priv to the user in question.

TJG