[python-win32] Apache & mod_python & win32com

Alex Denham a1eio at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 17:28:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

first of all, just import pythoncom directly
<code>
import pythoncom
</code>

As far as where to put pythoncom.CoInitialize() I'm not certain but i think at the top (or start) of your whole application.. if it's threaded then call it for each thread (at the start)
"Initializes the COM library on the current thread and identifies the
concurrency model as single-thread apartment (STA). Applications must
initialize the COM library before they can call COM library functions ..."
from: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms678543(VS.85).aspx

Hope that helps,
Alex