[python-win32] overlay icons handler freezes file dialog

TK Soh teekaysoh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:50:16 CET 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 9:29 AM, Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> > I wonder if anyone can provide some clue or pointer on how I can
> > resolve this issue.
>
> The best way would be to create an example which reproduces your problem.
> Its likely that I would be able to simply locate the source once I could see
> it.

Attached are two files to create the issue:

1. install the extension:

    python overlay.py

2. open a file dialog:

    python filedialog.py

BTW, I also noticed that returning 100 from GetPriority() also fixes
the problem, but somehow no overlay icons are displayed on Explorer.
Per msdn, "Possible values range from zero to 100, with zero the
highest priority."