[python-win32] How to access the Outlook Express

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Jan 24 12:46:43 CET 2008

Antony Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can access and read mails from Ms Outlook
>            ---  outlook = win32com.client.Dispatch("Outlook.Application")
> can any one tell me , How can access and read mails from Outlook Express
>           --- outlook Express=win32com.client.Dispatch(...............
>
> 1.Did the Dispatch method returns a same object for the both?
>

> Thanks
> Antony

I'm sure I answered this question about a month ago. Or are you
hoping that someone who knows more than I do will have joined
the list in the interim? (Quite possible, of course!)

I don't believe that Outlook Express exposes an IDispatch
interface. I think that you have to manipulate the mailbox
directly. (Search for "DBX")

TJG