[python-win32] Why Win32_ prefixed classed in wmi didn't work?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Jan 24 16:31:06 CET 2008

thunder thunder54007 wrote:
> I got it, I should get an instance first before i can use it, and here is
> another problem, when I use Win32_Product to fetch the installed software on
> my system, but only some of them are returned, I don't know why? how can i
> get all the installed software on my system?

(Please keep copying back to this; you'll get more help that way)

That's a more general windows / Win32_Product question. If I remember
correctly, Win32_Product only lists products installed in a certain
way (probably via .MSI). Win32_SoftwareElement or associated
classes [1] may give you something. After that, you're just down to
scraping the registry, I think. I'm afraid this isn't really my
area of expertise. (He says, as though he *has* an area of
expertise :)

TJG

[1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390887(VS.85).aspx