[python-win32] Changing a drive letter

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Jan 24 21:55:55 CET 2008

Paul Koning wrote:
> I agree.  If you do want to use an API rather than a subprocess, WMI
> might serve.  The biggest drawback of WMI is that the documentation is
> partly nonexistent and, when it does exist, is of very low quality.
>
> On the other hand, the Python WMI module is quite nice.

Why, thank you! <grin>

I did a bit of research and it seems that you can only do
this via WMI from Win2k3 onwards (which I assume your
users, Mike, are not running on their desktops?). There
are a couple of workaround suggestions involving the registry
and/or the mountvol command, but I don't think they amount
to anything better than the original proposal. Good luck!

TJG