[python-win32] "Property '%s.%s' can not be set" on read/write attribute

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Jan 30 10:47:46 CET 2008

Tim Johnson wrote:
> YES!!!  It works.  I was able to successfully run the following version:

[... snip working version ...]

Excellent news. Glad to hear it.

 > I'd say almost 100% of all WMI scripts out
> there are for getting information, not setting it

I think you're right. It took me several goes to even understand
what the SpawnInstance_ stuff was for: the first few versions of
the module did the wrong thing with it completely! The only
real example I have on the Cookbook site is this one:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi_cookbook.html#create_iis_site

which isn't so very different from your situation now I look at it.

TJG